As you can see, I added the streusel topping to some and omitted them for the others. Both versions were delicious and kept fresh even after the next day.
Spiced Peach Muffins
Author: sprinkles and sauce
Recipe type: Breakfast
- for the streusel topping :
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- for the batter:
- 1 and ⅛ cups plus 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 and ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 and ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk (if you do not have any buttermilk at home, use 1 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon of white vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- for the spiced peaches:
- 3 or 4 peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- a dash of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425F and prepare muffin tin(s)
- Combine the diced peaches with lemon juice, ground ginger and cinnamon. Set aside spiced peaches.
- In a bowl whisk in sugar and eggs until thick and well combined.
- Then in another bowl (I used my stand mixer bowl) whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Add the egg and sugar mixture with the flour mixture. Combine together butter, vegetable oil, buttermilk and vanilla. Slowly add the liquids to the egg/sugar and flour mixture. Do not overmix. Then gently fold in the spiced peaches.
- Using a large spoon divide the batter equally among the prepared muffin cups (I used a mini muffin tin with 24 cups).
- At this point, you can add the streusel topping.
- Bake muffins until golden for about 7 to 10 minutes. Cool muffins in muffin tin for a few minutes and then transfer to wire rack and cool before serving.
- As you can see, I added the streusel topping to some and omitted them for the others. Both versions were delicious and kept fresh even after the next day.