Spanish Chicken with Chorizo and Potatoes
Recipe type: Dinner
- 12 chicken thighs (boneless and skinless)
- 3 chorizo sausages, sliced
- 3 potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- juice and zest of one lemon
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Lightly oil a casserole dish and preheat oven to 350F.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper, garlic and dried oregano and place them in the casserole dish.
- Cut up the potatoes into bite size pieces and add them in with the chicken. Scatter the sliced chorizo sausages evenly with the chicken and potatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with more dried oregano and salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon juice over the chicken and sausage and finally zest a lemon to top it all off.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until chicken and potatoes are cooked.
Notes: You can use any cut of chicken you like for this recipe. As well, you can add a little bit of chicken stock before baking the dish to add flavor and moisture to the chicken but having just the olive oil and lemon juice is fine as well. The original recipe called for orange zest but I prefer lemon over orange for this one.